Role: Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
An amazing view of the renowned Falmouth Harbour is just the thing your creativity needs. Proximity to the best surf, sailing and outdoor sports in the country is the unwinding you’re crying out for. These days you don’t need to be in a metropolis to compete in the world’s design scene. That’s all stuff we know.
You’ve probably been thinking all that stuff too. We also believe in working for the right clients - we choose ours as carefully as they choose us. We’re all about working for companies we’re proud of, companies that make a real difference. Gendall’s been at the heart of Falmouth's thriving creative scene for 30 years. We’re ready for the next 30.
Is this you?We’re looking for a creative superstar. Someone willing to impress the clients with eye-popping ideas and fine-tuned craftsmanship. Maybe you’re currently frustrated, working at a big agency and not getting the juicy clients. Or perhaps you’re working for clients with uninspiring briefs. You’re ready for a bit more responsibility. You’re aiming to win awards and create memorable work. You’ve got that billboard around town on the brain.
What you’ll be up to:• Helping to maintain Gendall’s outstanding reputation, getting stuck in with winning new clients and business with seriously great work
• Working on any and all media for a variety of clients
• Design, layout, typography, colour, photography and illustration
• There’s no hiding behind a Mac with this job! You’ll be smack in front of the client regularly, ready to present and delight
• Collaborating and communicating effectively with designers, project managers and all other team members, providing both verbal and written feedback at all times
• Driving forward your own personal creativity with your own personal projects
• Supporting the Design Director and other members of your team
• Maintaining a wide, comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of contemporary design influences, new innovative design, media and technical approaches;
• Running smaller projects and seeing them through end to end
• Gaining a greater knowledge and understanding about technical issues and limitations of reproduction media including print and exhibition imaging.
What you get:• To work on regional, national and international brands as part of a small but skilled creative team. Our clients vary from bespoke start-ups to recognised brands, clients include the National Trust, Eden Project, Away Resorts, and West Cornwall Pasty Company.
• Our waterside studio is in Falmouth, one of Cornwall’s most eclectic destinations – a buzzing university town which boasts beaches, galleries and independent shops with a year round atmosphere. The studio is truly inspiring – you can see the sea from the window and go to the beach for lunch. Our team are a group of talented designers, developers and account handlers and we work sensible hours to ensure a good work / life balance.
• If your considering moving to Cornwall you’ll need to understand this is not a retirement role, it’s a lifestyle
• Competitive salary & annual pay reviews
• You get 4 weeks holiday
• Christmas shut down
• Table football table
• Beer o’clock on Fridays
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free eye test
No recruitment companies. Please email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.